The day we celebrate all this beautiful planet has given us and has to offer us! Its the day we consider our carbon footprints, decide to recycle all that stuff we've been hoarding, and finally get that herb garden started in the kitchen.
For general EARTH DAY 2017 information like media kits, fact sheets, local and national Earth Day events, and tool-kits to take action - Visit
In celebration of our 4.5 billion year old Goddess, here are a few environmentally friendly products to consider.....
- e.l.f. Cosmetics - the well known drugstore brand is affordable (most products under $6), Vegan-friendly (no animal products or by-products are used in their products), and cruelty-free (never tests on animals). They've even gotten an endorsement from PETA. I personally own at least 10 of their brushes and the Mineral Infused face primer is a mainstay in my make-up routine.
- Pacifica Cosmetics - "gluten-free, 100% vegan, and cruelty-free" make-up, skincare, and perfume formulated with natural ingredients &"without: Animal testing, animal ingredients, phthalates, parabens, sulfates, propylene glycol, mineral oil, petroleum, peanut oil". Their fragrances adheres to "strict IFRA standards, a self-governing organization that sets safety standards for all natural and non-natural aroma compounds".
- Seventh Generation - has been in the business of making plant based and recycled products for almost 30 years. Not only do they offer a variety of home and cleaning products - dish & laundry detergent, diapers & baby wipes, disinfectant wipes, and feminine care - but they do it with a mission of reducing their environmental impact now and building for a better future. They are also B Corporation certified, which means "they are certified to be better for workers, better for communities and better for the environment". Seventh Generation also has a community called Generation Good, where you can interact with others to learn about improving the environment and participate in product samples and parties.
- Green Depot - the company "believes that environmentally friendly cleaning products should ideally be bio-degrade-able, phosphate-free, non-toxic for humans and pets" and literally sells everything you need for a GREEN lifestyle, from books, cleaning supplies and building materials, food storage, and air filtration. Founded in 2005 in Brooklyn, NY, Green Depot is a certified woman owned business!
- United by Blue - with a pledge to actually get their hands dirty through cleanup event, fully funded by them, United by Blue is a clothing company that walks the walk. For every product they sell, they dedicate an hour to cleaning up our oceans and waterways. With shirts, jeans, bags, etc for men and women in sustainable materials like recycled polyester at moderate prices, we can expect them to be making lee-way soon enough.
- H&M Conscious - the always ahead of the trends brand offers "affordable, sustainable, environmentally friendly, and ethical clothing & products" that follows their commitment to being climate smart, using natural resources responsibly, and following the 3 R's - recycle, reuse, reduce. And with a banging sale going on now, there's no reason you cant get a couple of sustainable pieces to keep you green through the summer.
- House Of Marley - makes "Headphones, Audio Systems & Accessories, inspired by Bob Marley", and made of sustainable and recycled materials like hemp, bamboo, cotton, and recycled plastics and rubbers.In addition to their earth-friendly principals, they support charitable endeavors, including "1Love, the Marley family charitable organization, dedicated to supporting youth, planet and peace".